Considered by many to be an up and coming lawyer in Oakland County, Megan MacDonald has been a practicing defense attorney since 2015, working in courts across the state of Michigan and defending clients against an array of criminal and civil law charges.
Born and raised in Oakland County, Megan has previously practiced law as an associate for two prominent firms, working directly with clients to represent them in a variety of legal matters, including divorce, child custody, contract disputes, real property disputes, and probate matters, along with defending clients in criminal felony and misdemeanor cases.
In 2018. Megan worked for the City of Detroit as assistant corporation counsel, defending the city against first and third party claims, as well as personal injury claims.
Prior to joining George Law in 2022, Megan was the owner and operator of her own Oakland County-based law firm, specializing in criminal defense and family law matters.
- Michigan, 2015
- U.S. District Court Eastern District of Michigan
- University of Dayton, Bachelor of Arts, 2011
- Western Michigan University Cooley Law School, 2015
Honors, Awards, and Certifications
- Dayton to Daytona Committee: Events and Service Leader, 2011
- Moot Court Competitor, 2011
- Student Government Association – Student Senator, 2008
- Special Olympics, Coach and Mentor, 2006 to Present
Professional Associations and Memberships
- American Bar Association
- Federal Bar Association
- Oakland County Bar Association