About George Law
Small Firm Attention, Big Firm Results
In today’s society, many are overly eager to jump to conclusions and slap a label on someone before hearing or understanding the full story. Police and prosecutors are no exception to this. While personal accountability is important, it’s equally important to remember that human beings are complex individuals who make mistakes, fall on hard times, and sometimes struggle with mental health or addiction. At George Law, our goal is to maximize client success by ensuring that their legal rights are upheld and their side of the story is heard. Whether it’s representing someone against a false allegation, keeping a first-time offender out of jail, or protecting a juvenile from having their future ruined, the criminal defense attorneys at George Law give clients a fair chance in our complex legal system.
As an award winning criminal defense and trial litigation firm, we pride ourselves on providing big firm results with an open and accessible small firm attention.
When you hire George Law for your legal defense, you are hiring an aggressive advocate to be in your corner, regardless of what happens. Staring down the barrel of life altering criminal charges is one of the most stressful situations an individual can experience, and our team has decades of combined experience successfully advocating for our clients legal needs. We completely understand the tremendous stress, confusion and despair these situations can cause, and therefore work hard on your behalf to ensure your needs and position is best represented in court. We pride ourselves in relieving this burden from our clients while working hard to ensure the best possible legal outcome for their case.
Who We Are & Where We Practice
Royal Oak Based Criminal Defense & Litigation Firm Representing Clients Across Michigan
Whether you are facing a criminal or family charge or have a pressing legal matter regarding your business, George Law is here to provide you with the strong counsel you need. From our law office in Royal Oak, we represent individuals, families and business owners in the Detroit metropolitan area and throughout Michigan. We know that a legal problem can affect all aspects of your life, including your family and your employment. We are here to manage your legal issue so you don’t have to deal with the stress and worry. We often represent employees of major corporations in the Detroit area.
Meet Our Attorneys
What Our Clients Say
- Embezzlement charge dismissed I was charged for embezzlement because of a mistake I made. I was stressed out and panicking constantly because I had no idea how to handle this or what would happen. When I retained Mr. George, he knew exactly what to do and he kept me informed of everything he was doing. He worked with detectives and prosecutors to literally GET MY CHARGES DISMISSED. A better result than I ever would have thought possible. This attorney is a top-notch fighter for his clients. I am beyond grateful for what he worked so hard to do for me. Whitney
- I wouldn't go with anyone else I retained mr. George. I did something stupid and didn't know how to get myself out of this mess and the charges it resulted in. Mr. George guided me through the steps of what needed to be done and without laying that ground work I would not have ended up with such a detailed plan of action. I appreciate his knowledge and expertise. Kyle
- Great lawyer! Great staff! Awesome office! I consulted Derrick George Pretty much the best lawyer in town really sweet office, kind stuff. Derrick George is a fantastic attorney, feels like I'm just chatting with one of the guys. Not to mention he can make any problem disappear! Great dude! Cool office! Awesome staff! 10/10 would recommend! Nikki
- Most dedicated lawyer I've ever met! I was in a very complicated situation. I called many lawyers and was not getting the answer I was looking for. Everyone told me I would have to live with my charges until I met with Mr.George. He was with me every step of the way and answered every question and complaint thoroughly. He was the only lawyer who said that he would be able to lessen my charge and was able to follow through with what he said. Mr.George is an overall very friendly lawyer who gives great advice and worth hiring! Client
- Compassionate and caring, Knowledgeable and experienced I can't say enough of how at ease I felt with Mr. George. He is a caring, compassionate attorney who truly desires to help his clients. His knowledge and experience made me feel very secure with my situation. He gave me sound advice and I highly recommend him for family law services Sherrie
Commonly Asked Questions
Who founded George Law, PLLC?
George Law was founded in 2006 by attorney and Michigan native Derrick George after graduating from The University of Denver College of Law.
How many employees work at George Law, PLLC?
Our staff consists of six attorneys and a professional investigator to ensure we have the best service possible to our clients.
What makes George Law, PLLC different from other law firms?
George Law is unique among Detroit Area law firms in its combination of personalized service, legal expertise and reputation in the local legal community for its professionalism and results orientated approach.
Where is George Law, PLLC located?
George Law’s main office is located in the heart of downtown Royal Oak, off the westside of Washington Ave just south of the Royal Oak Music Theatre.
Why should you hire George Law, PLLC?
There are a wide range of firms practicing law in the same areas as George Law, however not many have the cumulative experience and track record of success that our firm has to offer. We work exceptionally hard to achieve the best legal results for our clients, and our results speak for themselves.
What areas of law does George Law, PLLC practice in?
George Law practices in many areas related to DUI and criminal defense as well as litigation, business, and family law. Some of our primary areas include:
We provide legal representation in many areas of law anyone could encounter, including:
A DUI or OWI charge can be stressful and derail anything from licensure to employment. We are absolute experts in this field, and approach these charges with a 360 degree perspective. Everything matters when it comes to a DUI/OWI charge. The court, the circumstances the surrounding the stop, what you did that day and your criminal history (if any), all have to be delicately balanced. You can rely on us to get the absolute best results possible.
From white collar crime to DUI/OWI, sexual assault and domestic violence, strong criminal defense is your best approach to protecting your freedom and rights. We offer top-quality knowledge and experience to combat allegations, accusations and charges of criminal offenses. Additionally, if you have been convicted, you may be eligible for an appeal, reduction of charges and penalties, or expungement.
Bankruptcy, contracts, performance issues, real estate transactions, business formation, acquisitions, and commercial issues require review and creation by a trusted attorney for best results. We are experienced with all aspects of business operations and general corporate law matters, including representation of banks, REITs, brokerage firms and other large business entities.
We help clients resolve complex family matters, including divorce, separation, child custody and support, spousal support, rights, property division, and agreements/modifications of support and custody orders. We understand the emotional toll involved with family disputes and work diligently to obtain the best outcome.