Over the last decade, Derrick George, Attorney & Counselor at Law, has served countless individuals and business owners in the Metro-Detroit area, helping them deal with and win cases in a broad variety of legal matters. His method to working with clients is often described as unconventional, because he is in constant communication at all hours of the night and day with his clients. He understands the pressure and anxiety induced by legal issues. He transparently communicates, he provides real-time updates to clients about their cases, and he thinks deeply about the strategy he wants to use in each case, not just to get it resolved but to get the absolute best outcome possible for his clients!
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
Attorney Derrick E. George was first licensed to practice law in Michigan, in 2006. He has an excellent educational background, starting when he earned his Bachelor of Arts Degree in 1997, James Madison College at Michigan State University. He followed this up with a Master of Science Degree from Columbia University, and then graduated from the University of Denver College of Law in 2005 with a Juris Doctor Law Degree.
His background in business, prior to attending law school, includes management of large investment funds in New York City and media experience with ABC World News Tonight, Nightline and 20/20. While in Colorado, Attorney George served as a judicial law clerk for two major judges, and did contract legal work with high level U.S. Fortune 500 companies.
Following graduation from law school, Attorney George returned to Michigan, where he opened his private law practice in Royal Oak, MI. He provides legal services to people primarily from the nearby areas of Oakland County, Macomb County and Wayne County. He is a member of the State Bar of Michigan, American Bar Association, Federal Bar Association, Oakland County Bar Association, and the U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Michigan.
- 90% of Practice Devoted to Litigation
- Michigan, 2006
- U.S. District Court Eastern District of Michigan
- University of Denver College of Law, Denver, Colorado
- Juris Doctor – 2005
- Columbia University, New York, New York
- Master of Science – 2000
- Michigan State University, East Lansing, Michigan
- Bachelor of Arts – 1997
HONORS, AWARDS AND CERTIFICATIONS
- Vice Provost Law Scholarship
- American Bar Association Fellowship
- Lead Counsel Certified in Drunk Driving Defense
PROFESSIONAL ASSOCIATIONS AND
- Oakland County Bar Association , Member
- State Bar of Michigan , Member
- American Bar Association , Member
- Federal Bar Association , Member
- Criminal Defense Attorneys of Michigan (CDAM)
- Michigan State Appellate Defender