Attorney and Counselor at Law
Location: Birmingham, Michigan
Email: Email Me
Over the last decade, Derrick George, Attorney & Counselor at Law, has served hundreds of individuals and business owners in the Metro-Detroit area, helping them deal with a broad variety of legal matters. He has won hundreds of cases for his clients, working with them closely to develop strategies to manage tough issues in the world of business and personal life.
Education & Experience
Attorney Derrick E. George was first licensed to practice law in Michigan, in 2006. He has an excellent educational background, starting when he earned his Bachelor of Arts Degree in 1997, James Madison College at Michigan State University. He followed this up with a Master of Science Degree from Columbia University, and then graduated from the University of Denver College of Law in 2005 with a Juris Doctor Law Degree.
His background in business, prior to attending law school, includes management of large investment funds in New York City and media experience with ABC World News Tonight, Nightline and 20/20. While in Colorado, Attorney George served as a judicial law clerk for two major judges, and did contract legal work with high level U.S. Fortune 500 companies.
Following graduation from law school, Attorney George returned to Michigan, where he opened his private law practice in Birmingham, MI. He provides legal services to people primarily from the nearby areas of Oakland County, Macomb County and Wayne County. He is a member of the State Bar of Michigan, American Bar Association, Federal Bar Association, Oakland County Bar Association, and the U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Michigan.
- 90% of Practice Devoted to Litigation
- Michigan, 2006
- U.S. District Court Eastern District of Michigan
- University of Denver College of Law, Denver, Colorado Juris Doctor - 2005
- Columbia University, New York, New York Master of Science - 2000
- Michigan State University, East Lansing, Michigan Bachelor of Arts - 1997
Honors and Awards
- Vice Provost Law Scholarship
- American Bar Association Fellowship
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Oakland County Bar Association , Member
- State Bar of Michigan , Member
- American Bar Association , Member
- Federal Bar Association , Member
- Criminal Defense Attorneys of Michigan (CDAM)
- Michigan State Appellate Defender